Teacher Job in Morristown, Vermont : VT 05661
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Youth Employment Specialist
Youth Employment Specialist Job Description
A challenging position working for VABIR in our collaborative, team oriented Morrisville Office working to assist youth with disabilities in their transition from high school to work.
Work with youth who receive special education services to expose them to career opportunities, and prepare for employment. Work includes a variety of liaison functions in local schools, with special educators and with employers to expose and place students in work.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide direct assistance to youth with disabilities:
* Assess vocational interests and eligibility for job openings;
* Assist with resumes, job seeking, interviewing skills and job applications;
* Arrange for work experiences, job shadows, interviews or furnish with job leads;
* Check references;
* Facilitate individual or group discussions for youth related to work habits, conduct and attitudes
* Arrange tours to local businesses
* Provide information on employers’ hiring criteria and job demands, coordinate job referrals, placement and follow up.
Employer & Business Development:
* Identify opportunities and assist in developing job opportunities for youth;
* Develop and maintain contacts with community businesses, learn area hiring practices, job requirements, local business trends, employment problems and communicate these to youth and other staff;
* Refer youth to employers for work experiences, on the job training and job openings;
* Follow-up job placements to assist employers in resolving problems they may encounter with job placements;
* Assist employers to retain employees;
* Serve as liaison with staff involved in direct assistance to youth with disabilities.
* Document work with youth and employers contacted on their behalf.
* May participate in a variety of VABIR and inter-agency staff and committee meetings to plan, evaluate and coordinate programs, services, and activities.
* Coordinate with community resources as appropriate.
Morristown Teacher Job
Youth Employment Specialist Job Requirements
* Experience working with youth, education or disability services, or a combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
* Ability to establish strong, positive working relationships with youth
* Ability to network with a wide variety of people
* Good writing, administrative and organizational skills
* Ability to deal effectively with youth, schools and the business community in carrying out job
functions that require a high levels of initiative, diplomacy and sensitivity;
* Ideal candidate will have knowledge of the business community and be able to maintain positive rapport with youth, school staff and employers.
* Requires a self starter with attention to detail and creative problem solving skills, good interpersonal, communication skills and computer knowledge.
*Minimum qualifications: Associates degree in a human service or business related field preferred. Or, 2 years of relevant employment or a combination of education and employment from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
**Reliable transportation required**
** Please attach current resume and cover letter to the online application**
Salary range $30,000 - $32,000 plus benefits.
** Visit the VABIR website @ www.vabir.org **