Teacher Job in Felton, Delaware : DE 19943
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Teacher Job Description
Purpose of Job:
To plan and implement a therapeutically designed program to meet the social/emotional, cognitive/conceptual, speech/language, and physical needs of emotionally handicapped students.
Skills Required for the Job:
- General applied knowledge of the fundamental principles of psychology and early childhood education
- Familiarity with cultural patterns existing within the community which may affect the behavior of students
- Ability to establish relationships with students on a group and individual basis
- Ability to recognize problems of cognitive, psychological, and physical nature exhibited by students
- Ability to write clear, concise, comprehensive reports
- Ability to organize and plan the activities of Teachers’ Aides and Assistant Teachers
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Determine social, emotional, and behavioral needs of class on a group, as well as an individual basis
- Develop Individualized Education Program (IEP’s) for all assigned students
- Prepare daily and weekly lesson plans
- Expand on, or adapt, current curriculum programs to meet students’ needs
- Teach assigned students on an individual and a group basis, applying appropriate strategies and management techniques within the framework of the School-wide Management plan
- Establish and maintain a safe physical environment conducive to learning
- Supervise assigned Assistant Teacher
- Write required reports, (daily behavioral progress charts, report, cards, IEP’s progress summaries), as required
- Keep accurate and orderly records
- Work effectively with other personnel in the interdisciplinary setting to address students’ needs
- Participate effectively in interdisciplinary meetings, staff/teacher meetings, in-service programs, and consultant meetings
- Conduct parent conferences when appropriate
- Share with other staff coverage for lunch periods, school trips, and late bus duty
- Elicit supervision
Felton Teacher Job
Teacher Job Requirements
Academic Preparation and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, certificated by Maryland State Department of Education in the area of special education or content area; willingness to complete state requirements for a professional teaching certificate, if hired with a conditional certificate.