Teacher Job in Iowa City, Iowa : IA
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Vice President, Strategy
Vice President, Strategy Job DescriptionOverview
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org.Responsibilities
The Vice President of Strategy is tasked with the formulation, development and implementation of organizational strategies and supporting process and policies. This highly collaborative role interfaces with executive leadership, internal team members, and external thought leaders. The Vice President of Strategy leads cross-functional teams across a range of complex project types with multiple components. These may include but are not limited to strategy design and planning, valuation and business case development, mission and vision refinement, and environmental and competitive monitoring.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Work the executive management team to develop, translate, build and monitor cohesive strategies for the company; Keep pace with advances and changes in all areas of the business, and take advantage of those that will increase the company's mission and profitability. Look for signals both inside and outside the company that could indicate threats to continued success or opportunities to grow the business and increase market share.
- Leverage integrated communications capabilities to inspire and empower the organization to achieve company strategy; provide guidance, counsel, and direction to all personnel as it relates to company strategy.
- Develop and maintain key industry relationships supporting strategic thought leadership and new business development for the company; represent ACT's strategic interests on governance boards as appropriate
- Continuously monitor company and market performance to determine if strategies need to be adjusted or new strategies should be introduced; work with CFO and CCO to create various projections and forecasts based on current trends and future expectations, as well as leveraging the combined insights of internal and external resources.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues. Research and conduct environmental scans, financial analyses, technical analysis, operational and strategic evaluations, pro forma alternative strategies and scenario modeling for new or existing products and services in competitive markets.
- Identify competitive landscapes, long-term planning and strategy to optimize the company's position. Works with market research to conduct pricing studies and modeling for new or existing products and services.
- Manage a consistent, accepted approach to business strategy, modeling, and analysis.
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports and presentations on business strategy to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Engage key company constituents in the planning and implementation of assigned projects and integration of business strategy.
- Coach, mentor and evaluate the Strategy team; ensure that department functions productively and efficiently as a team. Maintain high morale and provide safe working conditions for all employees.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO in the best interest of ACT.
- Master's degree required, post graduate training or equivalent senior executive experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- 10+ years of progressive management responsibility in a senior level leadership position, including five years in a leadership role.
- 3+ years of direct experience managing or supporting M&A and due diligence activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of good management practices, financial accounting and reporting, human resource planning and implementation, information technologies, customer networking, legal consideration and responsibilities, contract negotiations, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to lead and inspire employees, to work independently, prioritizes responsibilities, supervise and motivate employees. Requires an understanding of strategic and financial processes, including budgeting and project planning. Strong interpersonal, written and analytical skills are required.
- Must have the ability to view the long-range trends and cycles of the business and industry, to see the \u201cbig picture.\u201d It requires the capacity to decipher and respond to normal and adverse conditions logically and rationally.
Iowa City Teacher Job