Teacher Job in Alexandria, Virginia : VA
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Special Education Teacher
Special Education Teacher Job Description
The Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. (CARD) is among the world’s largest and most experienced organizations effectively treating children with autism and related disorders. With U.S. and International reach, CARD touches the lives of hundreds of children and their families. Through a network of trained teachers, therapists, supervisors and researchers we develop and implement quality, comprehensive and personalized treatment programs which lead to success, and in many cases recovery.
CARD was started in 1990 by renowned psychologist and early researcher of autism, Dr. Doreen Granpeesheh. She designed a unique treatment curriculum based on the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) method and built an organization of dedicated and trained staff.
CARD Academy is a private day school for students with Autism, developmental delay and Speech and Language Delays. The school serves students between the ages of 5and 22. It is a year round program with services from September to August.
The Special Education Teacher provides individualized education programs to students. The teacher is responsible for developing, implementing and relating the daily activities of the students to the core curriculum. Through continuous collaboration with a variety of individuals and groups, including parents, district and county personnel and various agencies, the Teacher provides for the academic, social and emotional growth of each student by using a variety of instructional strategies. The Teacher continually assesses each student’s progress to maximize his or her fullest potential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment
- Employ special education strategies and techniques during instruction in combination with Applied Behavior Analysis to implement the IEPs of students
- Instruct students in academic subjects using a variety of techniques
- Teach socially acceptable behavior
- Modify the general education curriculum for students with disabilities based upon research based methodologies
- Implement the BIPs of all students according to best practices in ABA
- Provide support and direction to teaching assistants in the classroom to promote a safe environment that is conducive to learning for all students
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers and other professionals to develop IEPs designed to promote students’ development
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to teaching assistants and students
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on students and activities, as required by laws, district policies and administrative regulations
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed, and as individual training level permits
- Assist in collection of data for providing appropriate classroom interventions
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities
- Perform related work as required
- Complete advanced training in applied behavior analysis
Alexandria Teacher Job
Special Education Teacher Job Requirements
- State Licensure in Special Education for grades k-12 with Autism Endorsement or appropriate certification to teach students with Autism
- Experience teaching or student teaching special education students including the development of curriculum , modification of curriculum and the development of the IEP process
- Knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and other research based methodologies for teaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Ability to maintain appropriate records, work and communicate effectively with students, parents, school districts and administrators
- Physical abilities to effectively work with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders who may have behavioral challenges so that the safety of the students and staff are assured.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Exceptional training program
- Educational Assistance Program, Master’s in Psychology program and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) preparation program, licensure internship hours
- For qualifying employees, benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending program, 401K, earned paid vacation, sick and holiday pay, educational assistance program and corporate discount programs
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off (PT0) and Paid Holiday Break Schedule
- 1 week paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid CEUs and conferences
- Discretionary signing bonus
- Discretionary shared bonus plan
- Work in conjunction with the local Clinical Manager
- On-boarding and training in beautiful Alexandria, VA