Teacher Job in Sheridan, Wyoming : WY 82801
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Jr.High/High School Teacher - P.E./Health
Jr.High/High School Teacher - P.E./Health Job Description
NSI Academy is looking for a
PHYSICAL EDUCATION/HEALTH teacher to join our team!!
Normative Services Academy is a Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited program offering adolescent residential treatment to youth from multiple states on our 300-acre facility in the foothills of the Big Horn Mountains near Sheridan, Wyoming. Since 1990, our mission is to help adolescents with emotional, social, and behavioral problems to become better equipped to reclaim their potential through experiential activities, education, and therapy. With our primary focus on student safety, accountability, responsibility, and respect, Normative Services has gained a reputation for providing innovative programming and treatment for our clients and customers. Normative is licensed by the Wyoming Department of Family Services, Wyoming Department of Health's Mental Health and Substance Abuse Division and the Wyoming Department of Education.
Primary Purpose of Position: Instruction of established curriculum and ensure a safe environment for the students and other employees through effective student supervision, reading (assessing) behaviors and norms, giving & receiving feedback and Intervention, and implementing established programming.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Wyoming PTSB Certification
- Minimum of twenty one years old due to state regulation
- No criminal convictions within the previous five years which are felonies, crimes against youth, domestic violence, assault, or violation of the Wyoming Substances Abuse Act.
- Employee must be capable of participating in physical activities and able to assist in the physical restraint of a student if necessary.
- Meet employee annual training requirements of 30 hours annually (must include physical restraint, child abuse recognition & reporting, medication systems, suicide prevention, and safety procedures) and maintain current certification in First Aid and C.P.R.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Instruction / presentation of established curriculum
- Documentation - Logs, seat times, grade books
- Technology - Use of computers and other devices for effective instruction.
2. Safe Environment
- Intervene negative behaviors
- Supervision and/or awareness of students physical location
- Assess 'read' norms, behaviors, attitudes, potential risks communicating those reads and intervening as needed
- Agency Systems including Medication, Evacuation (building and campus), Other Emergency (Medical, AWOL, Suicide Prevention)
3. Positive Milleu
- Promote student positive self-image - cleanliness, participation in extra-circular activities, positive projection, and treating each other with respect.
- Support Wolves Club members and encourage non-members to work towards membership
- Free meals while on campus
- Casual work environment
- Small class sizes
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- 401K after sixty days
- Paid time off
Sheridan Teacher Job