Teacher Job in Chicago, Illinois : IL
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Bilingual Education Teacher - Spanish
Bilingual Education Teacher - Spanish Job Description
Bilingual Education Teacher - Spanish (External Applicants Only)
Start Date: 2017/2018 School Year
Submit your resume to be considered for possible Bilingual Education Teacher opportunities within our network of 13 elementary schools for the 2017/2018 school year!
Join a dynamic team of student-focused educator and innovator. We are:
- 3 of the top 5 charter elementary schools in the City of Chicago (Chicago Magazine, 2016)
- Top-Tier: an all-time high of seven UCSN schools ranked at level 1+ by Chicago Public Schools rating system last year
- Illinois Teacher of the Year Award Finalist (ISBE, 2016)
Bilingual Education Teachers at UCSN collaborate with other classroom instructors to lead the curriculum, instruction, and assessment for all the students with whom they work. They relentlessly pursue student growth and achievement through diligent planning, careful instructional execution, and on-going collaboration with colleagues and the school leadership team.
The Bilingual Education Teacher is also charged with providing tailored academic instruction in native language to English Learners. She/he will be responsible for developing and delivering lesson plans that reflect knowledge of the content and the academic development language standards. In addition, the Bilingual Education Teacher will be required to use assessment results to inform classroom instruction and monitor students’ academic growth and English language development.
She/he will be building and sustaining strong relationships with students, staff and families to support the academic and cultural development of UCSN students. The ideal candidate should have the ability to understand and accept the mission of the UNO Charter School Network.
- Teaching Staff minimum starting salary of $50,160 for the 2017/2018 school year
- 10-month employees with 12-month salary pay
- Low- deductible medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid leave days and holidays
- Ability to participate in Chicago Teachers Pension Fund, 401k and commuters savings
- Positive family and community relationships established by our school teams
- Paid breaks in Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer
Chicago Teacher Job
Bilingual Education Teacher - Spanish Job Requirements
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the academic progress of students under his/her leadership and articulate the methods used to achieve those results.
- Knowledge of and experience with bilingual education.
- Cultural competency and ability to move comfortably in a diverse community
- Knowledge of and experience with Common Core State Standards
- Knowledge of and experience with WIDA Language Development Standards
- Ability to instruct bilingual students in English and Spanish
- Have a solid understanding of second language instruction
- Fluent in Spanish
- Ability to make technically correct translations from English to Spanish and Spanish to English with speed and accuracy
- Knowledge of evidence-based language acquisition strategies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must hold a valid Professional Educator License (PEL) with an approval endorsement in Bilingual Education-Spanish (BSPA) in grade level of interest