Teacher Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Middle School Lead Teachers For The 2017-2018 Sy
Middle School Lead Teachers For The 2017-2018 Sy Job Description
KIPP DC is a non-profit network of high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools in Washington, D.C. Our sixteen schools and The Learning Center recruit and educate over 5,700 students on six campuses in the city’s most educationally underserved communities across wards 5-8. At KIPP DC, we empower students to access opportunities that lead to a choice-filled life. Highly skilled teachers and leaders, more time in school, a rigorous college preparatory-curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students climb the mountain to and through college.
At KIPP DC, we believe the quality of instruction defines the rate and quality of student achievement. Therefore, teaching and learning is at the core of everything we do, and we view our Lead Teachers as a critical component of our mission and success with regards to ensuring all students learn and achieve within classrooms that are intentional, rigorous, and joyful. As part the KIPP network’s 200 schools, we share best practices and innovations with our peers across the city and across country.
We are looking for highly dedicated educators who will bring an unwavering commitment to helping children succeed. KIPP DC’s teachers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their content areas, producing unmatched academic results and student growth. KIPP DC gives its students an intensive foundation in the core academic subjects with an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in life. The KIPP DC community holds itself to high standards, cognizant that success can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through team work, tenacity and focused dedication.
KIPP DC has five middle schools:
- KEY Academy
- AIM Academy
- WILL Academy
- Northeast Academy
- Valor Academy
Our middle schools prepare our students with the academic and character skills needed for success in high school, college, and the competitive world beyond. Our middle school students receive a well-rounded education including reading, math, science, history, orchestra, Spanish, technology, physical education, and art.
KIPP DC has a 15-year track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and life. Each year, KIPP DC schools achieve some of the highest scores on local and national assessments. However, one of the best indicators of our success is the rate at which our students are graduating from high school, matriculating to college, and attaining college degrees. With the support of our KIPP Through College program, our students are working extremely hard to exceed expectations and accomplish their goals, including desired careers and college graduation. Great education transforms lives.
We are looking for hardworking, team oriented, and experienced teachers for 5-8th grade. While students receive instruction from 8:00am-4:15pm (with the time varying by school), KIPP DC teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, with most arriving before and staying after these hours. Many KIPP DC teachers take on additional roles within the school, including working as Saturday School Coordinators and Grade Level Chairs. Though they face demanding schedules, all KIPP DC teachers are strongly supported by experienced and dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP DC students have an extended school day and a mandatory summer session. This extra time allows KIPP DC to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP DC, we value college starting from PreK3 and keep it top of mind as they continue to grow as scholars.
Washington Teacher Job
Middle School Lead Teachers For The 2017-2018 Sy Job Requirements
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of KIPP DC and subscribe to KIPP's Differentiators.
- Display an incredible work ethic and a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adept at developing relationships.
- Commit/contribute to constant professional growth and development.
- Create and teach challenging and engaging lessons linked to state standards.
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus.
- When applicable, mentor a Capital Teaching Resident (CTR), if assigned to your classroom, by modeling excellent teaching, gradually releasing classroom teaching responsibilities, and implementing weekly coaching/feedback conversations.
- Perform morning, lunch, and afternoon duties as assigned.
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- When applicable, attend staff meetings, remain on call in the evenings (via KIPP DC cell) and volunteer at Saturday School as required by the individual school.
- Pass a criminal background check, as required by law.
- Additional responsibilities may arise during the school year. This could include but not limited to: attending staff and student field trips, open houses, parent-teacher conferences, home visits, and other events involving parents and students as needed. They will be communicated to all employees with as much notice and flexibility as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree (Required).
- KIPP DC requires all teachers to be “Highly Qualified", which includes a Bachelor’s degree and passing the appropriate Praxis exam(s).
- Commitment to working with students from educationally under-served communities (Required).
- Bachelor’s degree in content area (Preferred).
- Experience in content area (Preferred).
- At least two years of teaching experience in a public school (Preferred).
- Experience teaching in a predominantly African-American environment (Preferred).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
KIPP DC offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Salaries for staff are competitive with added compensation for KIPP DC’s extended day and year, along with additional bonuses.
- KIPP DC offers its employees competitive rates for medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance.
- KIPP DC also offers its employees a 403(b) retirement account with employer contributions and matches vesting after 3 years.
- Teachers are also supported with on the job professional development, a laptop computer for work, and access to a discounted cell phone plan for staff/student/parent calls.