Teacher Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Math Or Science Capital Teaching Resident For Sy17
Math Or Science Capital Teaching Resident For Sy17 Job Description
The Capital Teaching Residency (CTR) is a nationally recognized, highly selective teacher training program that provides a pathway for new teachers to develop into outstanding educators prepared to serve in high-need schools in Washington, D.C.
STEM CTRs train in secondary contents areas with the greatest need for effective teachers in D.C.: Middle School and High School Mathematics Education and/or Science Education. In the United States, student academic achievement in math and science lags behind other developed countries. For students living in educationally underserved communities, the educational disparities are even more pronounced. As a Secondary STEM CTR, you will play a critical role in providing our students the strong STEM education that they deserve and that will prepare them for a competitive future.
CTRs make a commitment to teach for a minimum of three years in D.C. Residents spend the first year of this commitment—their residency year—training in a classroom with a highly effective mentor teacher. CTRs are initially placed in KIPP DC or E.L. Haynes, two high performing D.C. public charter schools. During their residency year, Secondary STEM CTRs are provided the opportunity to obtain their teacher licensure and train in Secondary Math or Science classrooms. CTRs commit to two additional years of teaching beyond their residency year at KIPP DC, E.L. Haynes, or partner public charter schools across D.C. Secondary STEM CTRs can also participate in a second year of coursework in year two of their commitment to earn a Master of Arts in Teaching free of charge if their CTR commitment is completed.
CTRs have the opportunity to train and work alongside results-driven educators and administrators who are committed to students’ success. Through our gradual release model, CTRs are set up for success by becoming an integral part of the school community and gaining more and more responsibility in their classroom role over time. Throughout this residency, CTRs are supported as they develop into skilled educators through extensive coaching, consistent work with a highly-effective mentor teacher, focused professional development coursework, and daily practice perfecting their skills in a real classroom.
KIPP DC is a non-profit network of high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools in Washington, D.C. Our sixteen schools and Learning Center recruit and educate over 5,700 students on six campuses in the city’s most educationally underserved communities. At KIPP DC, we empower students to access opportunities that lead to a choice-filled life. Highly skilled teachers and leaders, more time in school, a rigorous college preparatory-curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students climb the mountain to and through college and a choice-filled life. As a CTR, you could play an active role in our mission!
Capital Teaching Resident Job Description
- Participate and contribute as a member of his/her particular school community.
- Attend all school level professional development (PD) sessions.
- Attend all PD and certification coursework specific to area of training (scheduled on designated week nights, as well as a few Saturday sessions).
- Complete all required coursework assignments.
- Take and pass all required certification exams.
- Track, analyze, and use data to drive teaching and instruction.
- Participate in weekly meetings with mentor/host teacher.
- Participate in goal setting, observations, and debrief meetings with school leader.
- Participate in mid-year and end-of-the year evaluations by school leaders.
- Implement feedback from observations by school leaders and mentor teachers into classroom practice.
- Conduct purposeful observations of mentor and other excellent teachers.
Washington Teacher Job
Math Or Science Capital Teaching Resident For Sy17 Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 minimum GPA (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree, or a significant amount of coursework in their content areas (science or math).
- Willingness to teach middle school (grades 5-8) or high school (grades 5-12) math or science courses .
- Compelling passion and commitment to be a teacher in an educationally under-served community.
- Belief that all students can and will learn.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to CTR’s mission and the school community.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to constantly reflect, improve, and learn.
- Ability to function as a “relentless achiever" by setting high goals and meeting or exceeding them.
- Strong work ethic coupled with a willingness to go above and beyond one's work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and develop strong relationships with parents and colleagues.
- Flexibility, tenacity, perseverance, resourcefulness, and teamwork.
- High level of organization and professionalism.
- Residents are expected to pass their Praxis II exam, as well as the CORE exam, before they begin their residency year in the fall.
- We will not, however, ask CTRs to take the Praxis exam until they have been admitted to the program, and we reserve the right to decline the admission of any accepted applicant that does not pass the required Praxis exams.
Residents are provided a competitive salary and benefits through the schools by which they are employed. The salary and benefits packages vary and are determined by the CTR training sites.