Teacher Job in Jacksonville, Florida : FL
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Lead Teacher, Drop Out Recovery
Lead Teacher, Drop Out Recovery Job Description
Catapult Learning is a leading provider of contracted educational services to schools and districts nationwide. For more than 37 years, Catapult Learning and our predecessor companies have partnered with education institutions, government agencies and community groups to provide outcomes‐based learning programs that are tailored to individual student needs and that produce positive academic results. Catapult programs employ over 5,000 full‐ and part‐time staff members and have now served more than 1 million students cumulatively.
The Catapult Academy represents the company’s latest effort to partner with school districts across the country to serve students who either left high school without a diploma or are at-risk of leaving. The Catapult Academy “recovers” students and engages them in a “tailor-made” course of study which accelerates the completion of the diploma. Currently, there are thirty-five academies throughout Florida and Georgia helping over two thousand students to “launch their futures.”
Provide a blended instructional model for students 16-21 years old in an alternative educational setting. Teacher will have the leadership ability and educational expertise in High School reading, mathematics, writing, and related areas; diagnoses learning skill deficits and delivers prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by Catapult Academy; and have the sensitivity to work with students that may have academic, social, and personal challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the Area Manager in supervising all programs in the school
- Teach full-time
- Supervise all school staff of assigned sites
- Develop and utilize effective weekly lesson plans
- Assume the responsibility of maintaining daily student attendance records and grade reporting as required
- Communicate the mission and goals of the school to students and parents
- Maintain all student files in a proper and confidential manner
- Work with guidance counselor and teachers to prepare the Student Plan for each student
- Coordinate the student in-take process
- Assign teacher and other staff for supervision of field trips and other student activities
- Administer and coordinate school discipline
- Work with the students to develop positive student leadership
- Coordinate the preparation of Student Progress Reports and arrange for parent conferences as required
- Help students and staff plan for emergency situations
- Coordinate student field trips and other student activities
- Implement the master schedule for teachers and students
- Submit requisition for needed supplies and educational materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lead Teacher should build and maintain a professional relationship with office staff and maintenance team.
- Maintains communication with school administration and notifies Area Manager of concerns and issues to be addressed.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner.
Jacksonville Teacher Job
Lead Teacher, Drop Out Recovery Job Requirements
Requires a bachelor’s degree and valid teaching certificate, as required by contract. Teaching experience preferred. Excellent writing skills.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Catapult Learning provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
Consider this great opportunity to work within your local community. Help us join forces to better the lives of the students we serve.