Teacher Job in Portland, Maine : ME
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
International Student Coordinator
International Student Coordinator Job Description
Act as a professional liaison for communication between schools, host families, students, and NOIE. Promote the homestay program in the community through marketing and attending community events. Develop and maintain relationship with school administration and teachers. Regular communication with NOIE Student Support Team, to include regional manager and other supporting coordinator(s). Recruit potential host families and match students with host families based on information gathered during applications & interviews. Timely return of all paperwork to appropriate departments. Help to mediate any conflict and resolve disputes. When necessary, secure a replacement host family for the student within the local community. Provide medical support to students, including taking students to the doctor when necessary. Provide a completed medical report in a timely manner to regional manager. In case of emergency and a replacement host family cannot be found for immediate student removal from a host family's home, the coordinator will need to arrange care for student until respite housing is found.
Follow reporting guidelines as outlined in the NOIE Triage Guide for Student Issues. If a student coordinator is made aware of known or suspected abuse or harassment, the report must be relayed immediately to a regional manager or HR Director. Manage student travel and summer programming requests by collecting and submitting complete documentation to regional manager.
Support student-driven social activities and organize local community service events to help students fulfill school requirements. Coordinate academic support with the Academic Team by tracking performance, communicating issues promptly and arranging access to a tutor when necessary.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct an orientation with each host family prior to the student’s arrival.
- Communicate students host family placement with school Designated School Official (DSO).
- Collect signed host family contracts and mail them back to HQ, fully executed with Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy and Standards of Student Care.
- Greet new students and natural parents at airport upon arrival from NOIE student orientation. Arrange and confirm initial school tour and host family visit for natural parents who arrive after Student Orientation.
- Complete support checklist for initial thirty days: bank account, immunizations, immunization records to schools, phone program enrollment, uniform orders, sport enrollment physicals, etc.
- Organize a welcome gathering for NOIE students.
- Complete and submit the 30-day report to regional manager for all new students
- Recruit new host families for new students. Provide completed onboarding documentation for new families and gain natural parent confirmation for placement.
- Finalize all student placements before contract ends in June 2016.
- Check-in with student’s weekly, meeting in person once a month; review and monitor student concerns, host family suitability, and cultural adaptation.
- Check-in with host family and Regional Homestay Team.
- Check students’ grades monthly and review with school teachers and Academic Team; report issues as soon as observed to Academic Team and coordinate tutoring when needed.
- Collect and submit timely travel request forms to regional manager for approval; ensure students understand travel requirements and submission deadlines.
- Submit the quarterly reports to regional manager within two weeks of the end of each school quarter.
- Meet personally with each host family during first year with NOIE. Review status of student’s adjustment to new school and environment
- Meet personally with each returning host family and returning student with NOIE. Review status of student’s environment and progress.
- Complete host family switches when necessary.
- Confirm airport transportation with the host families for students.
- Arrange the New Oasis Student Activity: Host Family Appreciation Event
- Arrange Lunar New Year Celebration
Portland Teacher Job
International Student Coordinator Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must have worked with international students, preferred 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Good interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor