Teacher Job in Goddard, Kansas : KS 67052
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Full-Time Youth Care Workers - Copy
Full-Time Youth Care Workers - Copy Job Description
Full-Time Youth Care Workers/ Direct Care Staff Needed Immediately for All Shifts!
Lakeside Academy, located approximately 15 miles west of Wichita, is a residential youth center that provides programming for boys ages 13 and older and works closely with the Kansas Department of Children and Family Servcies and Social Rehabilitative Services. With a licensed capacity of 45 residents, Lakeside Academy is licensed through the Kansas Department of Health Environment and serves youth in foster care in Kansas. Residents can participate if needed in a certified, outpatient substance abuse treatment program, including substance abuse assessment and individual and group counseling along with outpatient individual, group and family counseling, sex offender treatment and psychiatric services. The Lakeside Academy environment focuses on behavioral change through the establishment of a positive peer culture and the intervention of negative behavior. By utilizing Thinking for a Change, Lakeside Academy’s goal is to reduce recidivism among the adjudicated youth served and effect change in thinking so that behavior is positively impacted.
Youth Care Workers, also known as Teacher Counselors, provide supervision, guidance and direction to behaviorally challenged youth in an adolescent residential setting. It is the primary responsibility of the Teacher Counselor to provide a physically and emotionally safe and secure environment. Teacher Counselors demonstrate competent skills that support the formation of trusting, supportive relationships with the youth under their supervision. The position also participates in the development and implementation of individualized program plans and unit programs that are designed to meet the goals of the youth served. Teacher Counselors are directly responsible for implementing and following the unit schedule and providing guidance and support as the residents learn social and life skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide teaching for youth around daily living skills.
• Evaluate each youth’s behavior according to the unit structure / expectations and the youth developmental capacity on a daily basis.
• Escort and supervise youth on community trips and activities.
• Perform crisis intervention duties including the use of restraints as needed in the direct management of the population.
• Participate in the implementation of individualized program plans.
• Conduct small, organized group meetings aimed at teaching youth social and other life skills.
• Monitor youth to ensure that they are performing daily self-care tasks.
• Provide minor First Aid treatment to youth.
• Assign consequences to youth for inappropriate behavior according to unit / agency policies and practices in a fair and consistent manner.
• Assist residents in their bedtime routine in a supportive manner.
• Effectively communicate any problems / areas of concern to staff members relieving them at the end of the shift.
• Supervise daily routines and responsibilities of youth including, meals, room care, clothing care and chores.
• Maintain quality codes of conduct and professionalism, i.e. strong work ethic, role modeling and commitment to improving quality of life to the youth in our care.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, both orally and through documentation.
• Participate in facility-wide Quality Improvement initiatives.
• Attend staff / unit meetings to discuss facility and program operations and to receive facility communications.
• Attend all mandatory and scheduled training.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have prior experience working with children.
• Basic computer skills, including usage of email, Internet Explorer, and printing documents.
Benefits For Full-Time Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after 60 days
- Company provided Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program/Health Savings Account
- 401K after 60 days
- Paid time off
1st Shift - 6 AM - 2 PM
2nd Shift - 2 PM - 10 PM
3rd Shift - 10 PM - 6 AM
Goddard Teacher Job