Teacher Job in Lawrence, Kansas : KS 66047
Looking for Teacher Jobs? See currently available Teacher job openings on teacher.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
teacher.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any teacher job . We provide job resources for Teacher positions throughout the industry. teacher.jobs.net also provides Teacher jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Teacher by either city or state.
teacher.jobs.net is a teacher job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Teacher jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your teacher job search on teacher.jobs.net today.
Child Care Lead Teacher (Early Childhood Education)
Child Care Lead Teacher (Early Childhood Education) Job Description
Serving individuals and families throughout Kansas and Oklahoma, DCCCA has proudly served the residents of our communities with a spirit of openness and acceptance for over 40 years. Are you ready to join us?
DCCCA is looking for a qualified, capable professional to fill the role of Childcare Lead Teacher at our First Step at Lake View program in Lawrence, KS. The position offers a wealth of personal and professional rewards that allow you to make a difference as well as a living.
First Step at Lake View offers alcohol and drug treatment designed to meet the unique needs of women, pregnant women, and women with dependent children. Treatment interventions include: non-medical detox, short term residential treatment, intensive outpatient services with or without supportive housing, outpatient counseling and primary healthcare collaboration. A licensed child care, parenting, case management and mental health services are integrated into the holistic treatment program. First Step at Lake View is situated in a quiet campus setting with large areas of green space and relaxing views from all areas of the grounds and a high quality children’s playground.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for the overall structure of the program's childcare program. Other duties include:
- Maintains an orderly and appealing classroom that is a warm and safe environment, in which children are allowed to grow, develop, and explore
- Implements programs and activities that develop the emotional physical, intellectual and social needs of the children
- Prepares materials, makes lesson plans based on a curriculum outline and follows approved activity guidelines
- Establishes and maintains good communication with parents on a daily basis
Lawrence Teacher Job
Child Care Lead Teacher (Early Childhood Education) Job Requirements
As a vital member of our FSLV team, the Childcare Lead Teacher should be service-oriented with a passion for helping others. Active listening, professionalism, and excellent communications skills are required for success in this role.
Additional requirements of the position include:
- Requires at least one of the following, or the ability to obtain one of the following within six months of employment: a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, Certified Childcare Professional (CCP) credential, or equivalent; OR an Associate's degree in early childhood education or child development; OR a Bachelor's degree in a related field with two years of post-graduate experience in childhood education
- Requires at least one year of related experience in early childhood education
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
Taking a job at DCCCA means more than just accepting a job – it means becoming a part of our professional family. At DCCCA, our commitment to growth, wellness, and vitality extends to our clients and providers alike.
Our benefits include:
- Employer paid employee health premiums
- $40,000 employer paid life insurance policy
- Paid training
- Employer matched 403(b) retirement plan (100% match on the first $1,000 then 25% on every dollar after)
- Ten paid holidays
- Vision/dependent/spouse coverage
- Paid sick and vacation leave
- myStrength personal wellness smart phone application
Our culture is one that supports your development goals, both personally and professionally, right from the start! We proudly offer you the opportunity to grow your career in the healthcare industry within a creative, collaborative environment that inspires your success and rewards your performance. Highly competitive compensation, continuous professional development support, flexible work schedules, and numerous work/life balance rewards are all a part of the package for the Childcare Assistant/CDT at DCCCA.